In some (many) months from now we’ll build a room for Thor in our otherwise open NY style loft – consisting in large part of the elements we’ve collected here. I still love the way big change makes way for redecorating and sourcing new ideas. Maybe this is part of why I’ve moved so many times? No.. a little.. maybe.
1. My initial wish was to purchase the Kili bed (a reproduction of the original Lille Per bed but updated slightly to comply with current safety standards). We were gifted a Lille Per bed by Jan’s parents though (a restored 60 year old original) and we love it.
2. Wildlife quilt covers from by nord Copenhagen. Comes in a few variations (incl. the deer version as seen left). I couldn’t resist the oh so Canadian grizzly bear (there’s a definite animal theme taking shape in this space). They only come in junior (and adult) sizes however, so it’ll be a little while yet before we bring this guy into use. In the meantime Thor’s got his moose from Urban Elk in Nørrebro.
3. Cell shelving from Bolia.dk. We lucked out (in that my to-do list before Thor came was that long and this was one of the few things I didn’t get to) and they ended up going on sale for a handsome 50% off for a handfull of days last month. We just picked them up this week together with a small dresser from the same line. You know what else this means? That’s right, I get to use my heavy-duty power drill to mount them to the wall. Yes!
Art & cuddly things
4. I couldn’t resist these graphic prints from Frankie magazine‘s 2012 calendar (ordered from Australia). Polar bear design by Nancy Mungcal and fox design by Donna Wiloon. There are works by Elisabeth Dunker of Fine Little Day included as well as some other great pieces – so there’s plenty to rotate with.
5. Owl by Franck and Fischer of Denmark. Ok I admit that I probably love this creature more than Thor will, but I am willing to share. They’re available at Louisiana Art Gallery or online.